Here are some of the most frequently asked questions I receive. If your question does not appear in the list please feel free to reach out to me directly.
- How long will my helmet take to arrive?
- Helmet orders usually take 4-6 weeks to ship from time of purchase. Waiting times can be extended in cases of high demand or mechanical difficulties.
- When will physical helmets be back in stock?
- The nature of 3D printing is not fast, over 100 hours usually goes into each helmet. Due to high demand and limited printers I keep items as 'Sold Out' until I can work through more of my backlog of orders. Please utilize the 'Notify Me' feature to be alerted when helmets come back in stock.
- Some of the pieces were damaged in shipping, now what?
- Please reach out to me directly and I will work with you to get replacement parts.
- Do you sell finished helmets?
- In some cases, yes! If I can make an interesting tutorial video out of the project from your order I'll be very likely to work something out with you.
- Do the files come pre-split?
- Separate pieces like visors or antennas are separated but the main body of most helmets is one solid piece. Not everyone has the same size print bed so I leave it to you to slice the files to your own needs. I go over how to do this in some of my tutorial videos.
- Are the files life size?
- Yes, the original scale is meant for a 6' tall person and average head circumference.
- Can I sell the 3D prints?
- I do not allow sale of 3D prints from my files.
- Will your files fit on my printer?
- I get this question a lot and I have always said that any file can fit on any printer, you just might have to cut it into smaller pieces first. Unless you have a high build volume printer of greater than 300x300x400 mm you'll most likely have to cut some of the helmets into smaller pieces and assemble the finished prints.